Ever wanted a one-step camping dinner? Well, after a day running around, discovering nature, enjoying the peace of the outdoors this is the perfect recipe for you.
A Hotmax fire is the perfect way to start the evening, easy to light and roaring in minutes, its super-efficient heat can be used to cook and make the most of any camping experience.
What you will need: Baking Potatoes, Softened Butter, Coarse Sea Salt, Garlic (optional), Pepper, Aluminium Foil.
- Cut foil squares big enough to wrap up each potato.
- Spread butter over the foil so the potato will be completely covered when wrapped up.
- Sprinkle a good pinch of salt and pepper evenly over the foil. Here also add chopped garlic if desired. Olive oil can also be used instead of butter if preferred, but it is better to rub generously over each potato directly.
- Roll each potato up in the foil, then pierce the potato through the package with a fork a few times.
- Cook potatoes on your campfire or firepit for at least an hour (or until soft). Make sure you are turning the potatoes often to make sure they get crispy and cooked all the way through.
- Unwrap and add your favourite topping! You can also cut the potato in half and add your cheese, then re-wrap and put back on the fire for a few minutes to make it deliciously melty!